The Scorpion motor as the 6.7L was called when introduced by Ford in 2011 model year. This was a new diesel engine that was different using reverse flow cylinder heads and piezo common rail injection from Bosch. The use of an enclosed EGR cooler and two cooling systems gave technicians new technology to understand when diagnosing issues. There were updates to the turbocharger and the EGR cooler using primary cooling. The aftertreatment with diesel particulate filter (DPF) and selective catalyst reduction (SCR) is evaluated to ensure emission reduction by NOx sensors and particulate sensor.
In this updated two-day course, Tony Salas instructor and a technician, will review the operation and design of the Power Stroke 6.7L. He will discuss the use of the service information where Ford provides numerous procedures in repairing issues with this powertrain. He will review updates on:
· Common rail testing procedures/fundamental testing and reduce CP4 injection pump failures. Discuss injector evaluation on vehicle, programming issues with IQA codes.
· Engine operation and testing, understand the issues brought about by excessive crankcase gases (blow-by)
· CAN communication, review diagnostic link connector (DLC). Resolve no communication issues.
· Review diesel particulate filter (DPF) ash accumulation and soot issues. A hard look on servicing but also preventing issues.
· Review charging system wiring and diagnosis. What to do when the charging light is on?
· Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) issues will be discussed. Training will review the operation but also the tests needed to diagnose derate issues and NOx reduction complaints. A thorough discussion on DEF fluid and NOx sensor role in emission reduction.
· Diagnosis using the scan tool. Review of KOEO and KOER self tests. Develop proper skills using and knowing tests provided by the scan tool.
Training dates: April 20th-21st
Location: Diesel Forward, 6301 Broadway Ave Denver, CO
Number of days: 2
Course Fee: $475.00 Payment Link
Email or call Tony Salas at email@example.com or call at 702-235-4504